Temporary stay in Canada – FAQ

To help you prepare for your temporary stay in Canada, here are the answers to frequently asked questions. If you have questions you do not find in the list below, please contact us.  Send your question using the form below:

Question 1: What are the programs offered by the Quadrilium Institute of Montreal ?

Our continuous training programs are also available for the international registration. We recommend also to contact the registrar’s office before proceeding with your registration.

The programs offered for the spring and fall semester 2016 :

Question 2: What is the registration process at one of the available programs?

So that you vecome a part of one of the groups included in the program of “Stay Entrepreneurial”, you must follow the following steps:

  1. Complete the information request by completing the form above.
  2. Complete tour application form by filling the form that will be sent to the address you provide. Do not forget to pay your admission fee and send the necessary documents to study your file.
  3. When you receive the acceptance of your application, complete the registration form, including the required documents and pay your registration fee.
  4. When you receive confirmation of your registration, you will be able to pay your tuition fees and book your place.
  5. Upon completion of the registration process, we will send the invitation that will allow you to submit your application for a temporary visitor visa to the Canadian Embassy in your country.

Question 3: How can I get my visitor visa to Canada?

For details about the process of obtaining a temporary visa in Canada, please visit the following links:

Question 4: What are the conditions and costs of obtaining my visa?

As a business visitor, you must demonstrate that:

  • You have documents that support your application.
  • You do not plan to enter the Canadian labour market.
  • you plan to stay for less than six months.
  • your main place of business, and source of income and profits, is outside Canada.
  • you meet Canada’s basic entry requirements, because you:
    • have a valid travel document, such as a passport;
    • have enough money for your stay and to return home;
    • plan to leave Canada at the end of your visit;
    • are not a criminal, security or health risk to Canadians.
  • You may also need identification cards or proof that you have a job.
  • An application processing fee :
    • Temporary Resident Visa – (single or multiple entry) : 100$.
    • Temporary Resident Visa – family rate: 500$

Question 5: What are the costs of the studies and how I can pay?

Admission fee: 80$

Registration fee: 250$

Tuition fee: depend on the chosen program.

Other possible expenses: accommodation, personal expenses, food, transportation, activities, etc

Question 6: What is the duration of the training so that I can provide my stay accordingly?

The duration of our courses varies from 2 days (seminar) at 3 months (intensive programs). Some of our programs are exceptionally a duration of 6 months.

Question 7: Are there cultural activities in which I can participate after school?

Certaines périodes de l’année sont plus propices aux sorties culturelles que d’autres. Our event organization team provided our students with a range of activities depending on the season. Whether industrial visits, travel discoveries of villages and towns, We are committed to make your stay unforgettable in Canada.

Question 8: Can you help me to find accommodation for the period of my stay?

The Institute Quadrilium of Montreal team handles all logistical aspects around your stay in Canada. Here’s what we can do for you in case of need:

  • welcome you at the airport.
  • find you an accommodation at the location and the size you want.
  • offer transport from the airport to your accommodation when you arrive and to get to the airport on departure.
  • allow you to participate in activities, events, ect.
  • you indicate the most popular places for tourists.
  • you facilitate the obtaining regular city transportation cards.

Question 9: Could I get help for my application to the embassy and to prepare my departure?

We have a partner network that can advise you and assist you in preparing the documents required by the Canadian authorities for processing an application for temporary visitor.

Question 10: If necessary, could I get help once on site?

We do business with partners specialized in immigration. They can answer your questions in case of need.