A temporary visitor in Canada must obtain a temporary visa to visit Canada on a commercial basis. Here are some relevant information for preparing your trip.
The processing time of an application may vary from one visa office to another. Find out more about application processing times:
- on average (Click here for more details) :
- application online: 6 days
- paper-based application: 12 days
A temporary visitor to Canada needs a Visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)?
- All air travellers will need to have appropriate documents to enter Canada before they board their flight.
- Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada.
- Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa.
- Find out if you need an eTA or a visitor visa by visiting the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
- Visit the following links if you need more information:
Take the following precautions when preparing your journey.
If you need an eTA, you should:
- get it when you plan your trip – do not wait for the last minute to apply; and
- travel to Canada with the passport you used to get your eTA.
If you need a visitor visa, you must send certain documents with your application:
- a letter of invitation from your potential business partner in Canada; and
- 24-hour contact details for that person.
Documents required for obtaining your visitor visa to Canada
As a business visitor, you must demonstrate that:
- you intend to stay in Canada for less than 6 months.
- you do not plan to enter the Canadian labor market.
- your main place of business, and source of income and profits, is outside Canada.
- you have documents that support your application.
- you meet Canada’s basic entry requirements, because you:
- have a valid travel document, such as a passport;
- have enough money for your stay and to return home;
- plan to leave Canada at the end of your visit;
- are not a criminal, security or health risk to Canadians.
- You may also need identification cards or proof that you have a job.
Before you apply
You should prepare your application for temporary visitor visa.
- For more details, visit the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#5256E2
- Document Checklist – For a Temporary Resident Visa: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5484E.PDF
- Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257]: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.pdf